Alcohol Free Hairspray Vs. Alcoholic Hairspray
When it comes to alcohol free hairspray vs alcoholic hair spray, which is better? This will probably be easier determined if looking at the pros and cons of both. However, alcohol free hair sprays are starting to become a trend. One thing that may be a great idea to look at is the particular hair style that you would want. This definitely should be considered.
There are many factors that will determine which spray is better than the other and you will want to make sure that you choose the right one. In this article we will go over the different things and compare each to better help you determine between the two on which one is better.
Alcohol Free Hairspray
Alcohol free hairsprays have many advantages, some we can cite are listed below:
- They eliminate the dryness of hair that is usually caused by alcoholic hairsprays.
- You can now make your own alcohol free hairspray in the comfort of your home.
- They are very lightweight and will not cause any sticky feeling when spraying your hair.
- They usually do not contain things that are artificial such as fragrances (this one is the main reason that a lot of people select this type of hairspray).
Our Recommended Alcohol Free Hair Spray
L'Oreal Paris EverStyle Strong Hold Styling Spray
Being this our top pick when talking about alcohol free hair sprays, you'll receive:
- A super fine mist that will lock in and will hold any type of style, at the same time adding a shine that will be endless.
- This product uses natural botanical extract, so this means that this product is highly enriched by the nature.
- You can apply this product on your hair all day, it also resists humidity.
- Of course, it's alcohol-free. 100% vegan.
- Product weight: 8.5 oz.
Only water that's filtered is used in alcohol free hairsprays so this is definitely safe to use on your hair. This can typically be used as much as you like without having to worry about it causing major damage to your hair. Also, think about it this way, alcohol free hairsprays are very safe for the environment so you are doing yourself and the environment an amazing favor.
Are you looking to increase the volume of your hair? This is best done by using the spray and maintaining it with curls. Great hair texture can also be gained. You do not have to worry about your hair color fading or looking dull because it will be protected by choosing an alcohol free hairspray. Although most women go for really expensive hairsprays that contain alcohol in today's society, non alcohol hairspray is the way to go because it is very cost effective. It will not cost you an arm and a leg and this is especially true if you chose to make it yourself at home.
- Alcohol free hairsprays will not hold curls and will not remove water from your hair and this results in hairstyles not holding up properly.
Alcoholic Hairspray - Hairsprays that contain alcohol
- If you decide to go with curling your hair, then alcoholic spray is the way to go. The reason for this is because the way curls are made is simply by dehydration and it has to have a heat source. The protein that is in your hair molecules bend during this process and it will make the hair easier to move. However, when the heat goes away, the flexibility of the hair will go away.
- Using an alcoholic hairspray on colored hair is not a very good option. Since already putting stress on your hair when coloring it, and then using an alcoholic hairspray may actually damage it, especially if you use these products together on a consistent basis. That is why a lot of times, people will choose to use the a non alcoholic spray to be on the safe side.
- Keep in mind that both products are okay to use depending on how you are going to use them. There are many products to choose from. However, for a person that would like to get the most out of their hair or maximize the look and hold of your hairstyle may want to choose a non alcohol hairspray because it is in natural form. Alcoholic hairspray contains a lot of chemicals and that should be taken into consideration when trying to decide what to go for. It is truly a big decision to make.
- Alcoholic hairspray contains a lot of chemicals and that should be taken into consideration when trying to decide what to go for. It is truly a big decision to make.
Our Recommended Hairspray with Alcohol
NEXXUS Maxximum Finishing Spray with Silk Extract, Strong Hold
If you decide to give this hairspray with alcohol, you'll receive the next benefits:
- This hairspray provides superior hold for long-lasting hair styles, enhancing your waves or curly hair.
- Mother nature has enhanced this product by enriching it with silk extract.
- It's super lightweight, micro-fine hair spray
- Will add a light shine to your hair
- The spray will strong hold on your hair, providing you the hairstyle you want all day long.
- Product weight: 10.1 oz
Keep in mind that both products are okay to use depending on how you are going to use them. There are many products to choose from. However, for a person that would like to get the most out of their hair or maximize the look and hold of your hairstyle may want to choose a non alcohol hairspray because it is in natural form.
However, a non alcoholic hairspray will not be as good as the one that contains alcohol. It will more than likely not perform as good. The main advantage that you would get using a non alcoholic hairspray is that your will most likely not dry out because of serious chemicals. Non alcoholic hairspray is in natural form and will contain extracts instead of alcohol. You will not have to worry about your scalp becoming flaky.
However, if this doesn't bother you, the main advantage of using an alcoholic hairspray is that your hairstyle will last longer whereas using a non alcoholic hairspray will not allow the best hairstyle and will not hold up too long. So, alcohol free hairspray or traditional (alcoholic) hairspray? It's up to you.